Bruce McArthur now charged with murders of six men: Toronto police

Adjust Comment Print

Toronto police detective Hank Idsinga said on Friday they believe Mr McArthur will face more charges.

January 17, 2018 - Police uncover evidence suggesting McArthur was responsible for both Kinsman and Esen's deaths, along with the deaths of other unidentified people.

Three of the six sets of remains have now been identified using fingerprint analysis and dental records, Idsinga said, adding other confirmed victims are 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman and 50-year-old Soroush Mahmudi.

February 8, 2018 - Police say they've recovered the remains of six people from planters at a house where McArthur worked as a landscaper, and say they expect to lay more charges. "There's hundreds of outstanding missing persons occurrences that we're looking at".

McArthur is also charged with the premeditated murders of Majeed Kayhan, 58, 47-year-old Dean Lisowick, and Selim Esen, 44. It is believed he was murdered between May 2016 and July 2017.

Meanwhile, police are now investigating what they believe is a murder scene in McArthur's apartment on the 19th floor of his building at 95 Thorncliffe Park Dr.


Navaratnam, 40, went missing in the Church and Wellesley area after leaving Zipperz, a bar in the gay village in 2010.

His remains were among those found earlier this month by police on a property linked to Mr McArthur.

They later added three more first degree murder charges in the deaths of Majeed Kayhan, Mahmudi and Dean Lisowick.

Police have identified at least 30 properties where McArthur performed work as part of his landscaping business, and are planning excavations on at least two of those.

While the details of the case against McArthur are "disturbing" and "shocking" to family members of the missing men, Idsinga said some of them have been able to draw some comfort from having answers to questions that have lingered for years.

McArthur's next court appearance is scheduled for February 28.

Comments